It’s that point of 12 months! Time for WordCamp US, and this time it’s being held in Nationwide Harbor, Maryland from August twenty fourth by way of the twenty sixth. It’ll be on the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, which is a spectacular location in itself.
This 12 months, our workforce members Ericka Barboza and Marco Berrocal might be attending in individual. So, be happy to cease by and say hey as they love interacting with WordCamp folks.
What Will You Discover at WordCamp US 2023?
Not solely is that this 12 months’s WordCamp US at an unimaginable location – the Gaylord is simply phenomenal – you may also be part of fairly a number of talks and gatherings. For instance, on the twenty fourth, the contributor day is open for everybody.
There are a variety of great talks at this year’s WordCamp US. A few of the ones that stand out most to me embrace:
- For All Userkind: NASA Net Modernization and WordPress – Abby Bowman and J.J. Toothman speak about how NASA’s net modernization efforts embrace WordPress and the challenges they face revamping its web sites and including its first on-demand streaming service.
- Inform the Story You Need To Inform – On this speak, you’ll hear the story of how Ken Liu, an award-winning author, misplaced religion in storytelling and the way he rediscovered the which means of narratives in day-to-day life.
- Trendy WordPress Growth – Whereas this speak could be a bit extra superior compared to newbie tracks, Gary McPherson will go over a few of the extra profound elements that you would be able to combine into the WordPress improvement expertise.
- Study WordPress: A useful resource for you and your neighborhood – Offered by Courtney Patubo Kranzke, the Study WordPress ingredient is a useful resource for many who need to perceive extra of what the content material administration system can do and what you are able to do to contribute. It is a nice speak for learners!
- Gutenberg: Subsequent – WordPress Co-founder and CEO of Automattic, Matt Mullenweg, will focus on the enhancements delivered in 2023 and the plans going ahead for WordPress. This may also embrace a dwell Q&A on the finish, so deliver your questions!
Personally, I’m extremely fascinated with studying extra about what NASA is constructing and the way it’ll incorporate video-on-demand. Then once more, I’m a little bit of a geek in terms of something area and science associated.
Plus, with the ability to toss questions at Matt Mullenweg can be enjoyable. Particularly after the newest updates in WordPress 6.3 which might be a bit questionable, similar to the power so as to add hyperlinks to Gutenberg. It now takes further steps simply to set it to open in a brand new window.
Anyway, from the talks out there, it’s certain to be an awesome weekend for these becoming a member of.
Fascinating Details About Nationwide Harbor, MD
The Gaylord Conference Middle is positioned alongside the Potomac River simply south of Washington DC. As such, it’s surrounded by some wonderful points of interest and a variety of US historical past.
One of many options within the space is the Capital Wheel, a 165-foot Ferris wheel with an incredible view of essentially the most prolific nationwide monuments within the nation.
A number of different issues to bear in mind embrace:
- The “American Approach” is a 3,000-foot promenade working by way of the middle of Nationwide Harbor that was designed to web page homage to the American expertise.
- There are greater than 150 shops in Nationwide Harbor, not together with the Gaylord. So, be sure you deliver some cash alongside to get pleasure from as a lot of what the realm can present.
- If you happen to’re fascinated with watching some video games or different standard programming, there may be an 18 by 32-foot Jumbotron in Nationwide Harbor. Are you able to think about taking part in the Xbox or Ps on one thing that large?
Hope to See You at WordCamp US in Nationwide Harbor!
As you’re visiting WordCamp US, don’t neglect to cease by and say “hello” to Marco and Ericka, who might be attending on our behalf. Though the Gaylord is comparatively giant, they need to be pretty straightforward to search out.
I’d like to complete by thanking the entire organizers, audio system, volunteers, attendees, and sponsors who put within the effort and time to make WordCamp US one thing wonderful. Between the locale and the talks, it’s positively one which I want I might attend myself.
Have an awesome weekend and luxuriate in the whole lot Nationwide Harbor and WordCamp US have to supply.