Printed on October 11, 2018
All Market plans cowl the identical set of important well being advantages, preventive care, and pre-existing situations. Beginning November 1 you possibly can enroll in or renew a plan for 2019, so that you’ll proceed to have entry to those advantages.
What are important well being advantages?
- Important well being advantages are a set of 10 classes of providers — together with physician’s visits, inpatient and outpatient hospital care, pharmaceuticals, being pregnant and childbirth, psychological well being, and extra — that medical insurance plans should cowl.
- Plans should additionally provide contraception and breastfeeding protection.
- These are the minimal necessities for all Market plans. Plans might provide extra advantages. You’ll see precisely what’s coated whenever you evaluate plans.
What’s preventive care?
- Most well being plans should cowl a set of preventive providers — like photographs and screening assessments — for free of charge to you.
- Preventive providers are used to forestall diseases, illness, and different well being issues, or to detect sickness at an early stage when therapy is more likely to work greatest.
- These providers are free solely when delivered by a physician or different supplier in your plan’s community.
What’s protection for pre-existing situations?
- All Market plans should cowl therapy for pre-existing medical situations, like bronchial asthma, diabetes, or most cancers.
- Market plans can’t deny you protection or elevate your charges primarily based solely in your well being.
- Being pregnant can be coated from the day your plan begins.